Guthrie ambulatory services and Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital recently received Stage 6 recognition for two categories of information technology advancement in healthcare from HIMSS Analytics, a global healthcare advisor that provides insight to enable better health through the use of IT. The recognition is given to organizations that have achieved significant advancement in their IT capabilities.
The Stage 6 recognition was given to Guthrie for achieving a number of goals related to IT, including the following:
- Making significant commitments and investments in IT, giving Guthrie an advantage over competitors for patient safety, clinician support, clinician recruitment, and competitive marketing for both consumers and nurse recruitment
- Either starting to evaluate data for care delivery process improvements or having already documented significant improvements in this area
- Making investments that are within reach of most clinics and recognizing the strategic value of improving patient care with electronic medical records
- Having begun to create strategic alignments with medical staff to effectively utilize information technology to improve patient engagement and population health
- Being well positioned to provide data to key stakeholders to support electronic health record environments and health information exchanges