Foundations Early Learning Center
Guthrie, in partnership with U-GRO Learning Centres and Discover the World Children’s Center, will open a new childcare option in Sayre in August 2021. Foundations Early Childhood Learning Center is being constructed at 1000 North Elmer Avenue, across from the Guthrie Pediatrics Center.
By partnering with local and regional experts, the new center will provide not only an exceptional early childhood experience, but a foundation for success that will carry children through their K-12 years.
- Blended Model® curriculum combines the best of a structured, age-appropriate program with self-direction, exploration and play—an approach that ensures a child exceeds the developmental benchmarks that are essential for future success in kindergarten and in life.
- Child-led discovery activities tap their interest through use of weekly themes and hands-on experiences.
- Aspires to have all students who have been in the preschool program for at least 12 months exceed NYS and PA Kindergarten Readiness Standards as assessed by the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA).
The 15,000 square foot facility includes:
- 10 modern, bright and open classrooms with capacity for 152 children
- 1,800 square-foot indoor play space
- Custom-designed 12,000 square-foot outdoor playground
- Advanced classroom technology
- Life skills programs
- Secure access and building perimeter
- Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
This 4.5-million-dollar investment is Guthrie’s commitment to ensure the highest quality early childhood experience with the best possible curriculum in our community; and to provide a better work and life balance to our employees with young children by helping to provide an early childhood learning center that meets their needs.