Version: established 4/16/19
Purpose: To ensure that Guthrie Resource Development solicitation materials contain the proper charities disclosures as per the Attorney Generals’ of New York and Pennsylvania.
Coverage: This procedure covers all charitable solicitations produced by Guthrie Resource Development.
This statement must be included verbatim
"The official registration and financial information of (insert the legal name of the charity as registered with the department) may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement."
Legal Names of PA operating Guthrie Entities (search site http://www.charities.pa.gov/):
- Corning Hospital
- Donald Guthrie Foundation
- Guthrie Home Care (please note that Guthrie Hospice is under this umbrella)
- Guthrie Medical Group, PC
- Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital
- Robert Packer Hospital
- Sayre House of Hope
- The Guthrie Clinic
- Troy Community Hospital
Pursuant to: The Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act 10 P.S. § 162.1 et seq. Act 202 of 1990 (last amended and effective February 20, 2018)
New York State:
"A copy of our latest annual report may be obtained, upon request, from (insert the legal name of the charity as registered with the department AND the mailing address of the organization) or from the New York State Attorney General’s Charities Bureau at 28 Liberty Street, 15th Floor, New York, New York 10005."
Legal Names of NY operating Guthrie Entities with addresses as they are required to be listed (search site https://www.charitiesnys.com/RegistrySearch/search_charities.jsp):
- Corning Hospital, One Guthrie Drive, Corning, NY 14830-2814
- Cortland Memorial Foundation, Inc., 134 Homer Avenue, Cortland, NY 13045
- Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, 134 Homer Avenue, Cortland, NY 13045
- Guthrie Same Day Surgery Center, Inc., One Guthrie Square, Sayre, PA 18840
Pursuant to: Disclosure Requirement for Solicitation of Contributions Pursuant to New York State Executive Law § 174-b